Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Securing the eCampus 2012
Haldeman Center - Kemeny Hall
Hanover, New Hampshire
When:8:30 am Tuesday, July 17 - 2:30 pm Wednesday, July 18
Note: July 17 - 8:30am - 5:30pm, July 18th - 8:30am - 2:30pm
Workshop Organizer: This conference is hosted by the Institute for Security, Technology, and Society and Peter Kiewit Computing Services at Dartmouth College
This summer ISTS and Peter Kiewit Computing Services (PKCS) will sponsor their sixth annual Securing the eCampus conference at Dartmouth College. As always, the overarching topic is information security in higher education. The conference is scheduled for 17-18 July 2012 in Hanover, NH and will bring together CIOs and CISOs from academic institutions throughout the country. The conference will be held on the Dartmouth campus and will feature presentations from information security and educational IT leaders.
The schedule for the 17th will feature a full day of a series of lectures and panel discussions. The morning of the 18th will include break-out sessions that allow participants to discuss specific topic areas in smaller groups and in a more informal setting. The conference will conclude with lunch on the 18th.
This year we will offer presentations and break-out sessions on regulations and policy, cyber ethics, protecting research data, cloud security, emerging threats, network security, and cyber crime. Our confirmed speakers include:
• Dickie George - Senior Advisor for Cyber Security at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory speaking on "Espionage and Cyber Crime: Life as a Target"
• Dan Kaminsky - Security Researcher, via video, will discuss his views on SOPA, PIPA, and CISPA, his participation in discussions regarding them with policy makers, the differences in them, and the implications
• Rodney Petersen - Managing Director of the Washington Office and Senior Government Relations Officer at EDUCAUSE providing an update on government policies and their potential effects on the higher ed community
• Dennis Cox - Co-Founder and Chief Technology Officer of BreakingPoint speaking about emerging network security threats
• Ed Pittman - Associate Dean for Campus Life and Diversity, Vassar College, will speak on cyber ethics and IT policy
• Joshua Rosenthol - Senior Federal Product Manager, Websense Security Labs discussing the Websense Threat Report 2012
• Laura Posey - Senior Security Strategist at Microsoft and Volunteer Leadership with the Cloud Security Alliance speaking about cloud security
• Jonathan Razo - Chief Security & Compliance Officer, IBM Research Division
For full conference information please see the website at:
Registration Cancellation Policy
By clicking on the "Order Now" button, you are indicating a commitment to attend and will be held responsible for the registration fee. Your fee can be refunded if you notify us of a cancellation at least 8 days prior to the event via email to email@example.com.
Dartmouth College reserves the right to use any photographs or other mechanical recordings taken at Dartmouth College events in promotional materials. No mechanical recordings of any kind may be used at Dartmouth College events without the prior written consent of Dartmouth College organizers and presenters. The views and opinions expressed at Dartmouth College events do not necessarily reflect those of Dartmouth College, nor does Dartmouth College make any representation regarding the information presented at Dartmouth College events.