Thursday, September 13, 2012
Canvas User Group
Four Points Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
1125 Boston Providence Turnpike
When:9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Note: Registration starts at 7:30am
Workshop Organizer: Amber Vaill of Bay Path College and Pat Zudeck of Brown University
The NERCOMP Canvas User Group will provide a forum for community members to share, learn and inquire about Canvas tools, services and support. Attendees will have an opportunity to learn about different approaches to using Canvas in online, hybrid and traditional teaching and learning models. Attendees will have the opportunity to network with other Canvas school representatives. Non-Canvas schools may wish to register participants to learn about Canvas or to network with others interested in doing more with learning management systems. A representative from Instructure will present news and information from the engineering and development team behind this groundbreaking LMS.
Following this SIG, participants will be able to:
● identify the features of Canvas that make it a unique LMS
● evaluate the needs of their user community to develop an LMS transition plan for their campus that takes the needs of faculty and students into account
● provide support resources for faculty in using various Canvas tools, such as multimedia and grading tools
● network with individuals with similar interests and learn more about what other institutions are doing or are planning to do with Canvas
● understand Instructure’s plan for continued development of the Canvas LMS
Please Note: There will be an interactive portion to the presentation and we request that attendees bring a laptop.
Registration Cancellation Policy
Registration Cancellation Policy: By clicking on the "Order Now" button, you are indicating a commitment to attend and will be held responsible for the registration fee. Your fee can be refunded if you notify us of a cancellation at least 8 days prior to the event via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NERCOMP reserves the right to use any photographs or other mechanical recordings taken at NERCOMP events in promotional materials. No mechanical recordings of any kind may be used at NERCOMP events without the prior written consent of NERCOMP organizers and presenters. The views and opinions expressed at NERCOMP events do not necessarily reflect those of NERCOMP, nor does NERCOMP make any representation regarding the information presented at NERCOMP events.