Thursday, September 13, 2012
Tools, Tips and Technologies for Building Better Web Applications II
Four Points Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
1125 Boston Providence Turnpike
When:9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Note: Registration starts at 7:30
Workshop Organizer: Mike Korcynski and Stephen McDonald both of Tufts University
For the morning hands on session:
* You should have Git installed on your laptop.
* You should have the heroku toolbelt installed
* You should have create an account on github.com and heroku.com
* You should have a public/private key configured to work with github, step-by-step directions are available here:
At the end of the day, the participants will have:
- Found colleagues for future networking
- Discovered new technologies to investigate
- Reviewed transitioning internal projects to successful open source
- Gained familiarity with new web development technologies including:
- Mobile libraries
- Search technologies
- Distributed version control repositories
- Heroku cloud-based application platform
Registration Cancellation Policy
Registration Cancellation Policy: By clicking on the "Order Now" button, you are indicating a commitment to attend and will be held responsible for the registration fee. Your fee can be refunded if you notify us of a cancellation at least 8 days prior to the event via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NERCOMP reserves the right to use any photographs or other mechanical recordings taken at NERCOMP events in promotional materials. No mechanical recordings of any kind may be used at NERCOMP events without the prior written consent of NERCOMP organizers and presenters. The views and opinions expressed at NERCOMP events do not necessarily reflect those of NERCOMP, nor does NERCOMP make any representation regarding the information presented at NERCOMP events.