Academic Technology Media Specialist
Wesleyan ITS seeks an agile, energetic, creative, and highly collaborative technologist to join its Academic Computing team.
Reporting to the Director of Academic Technology, the Academic Technology Media Specialist will provide vision and support for the use of multimedia technology by faculty and students across the campus.
Integrated into the academic life of the campus, the Academic Technology Media Specialist will attend relevant divisional and community meetings, events, and lecture series and will collaborate with campus stakeholders such as the Center for Faculty Career Development and the Center for Pedagogical Innovation.
The Academic Technology Media Specialist assists faculty in the planning, design, implementation, and training of pedagogical resources and IT services including multimodal storytelling, academic web sites (such as WordPress), lecture recording, and video-conferencing requests.
The ATMS facilitates research into technical requirements for innovative scholarship and teaching solutions as proposed by individual faculty members or ITS colleagues.
This ATMS will also share management responsibilities with other Academic Technology staff of technology-enhanced classrooms, and campus-wide IT resources as needed.
The responsibilities of the Academic Technology Media Specialist include:
• Functional leadership of video integration, lecture capture system, multimodal storytelling, podcasting and other audio media into the course curriculum;
• Providing technical expertise and leadership for the Academic Computing team.
• Liaising with staff and faculty to implement solutions supporting the academic program
• Writing documentation and train faculty on multimodal pedagogical and classroom computing technology and software;
• Providing consulting and guidance to faculty on the use of technology in multimodal scholarship.
• Collaborating on the development of new IT resources and services.
• Providing training and guidance to academic department staff regarding department website management and general productivity software.
• Developing a modest budget for curricular software
• Other duties as assigned