Our talented and diverse team manages, maintains, and supports Bowdoin College’s enterprise systems and data, both on-premise and in the cloud. Our community of clients includes HR, Finance, Bursar, Financial Aid, Registrar (Student Records), Facilities Management, Dining, Residential Life, Development, Communications, Admissions, Student Activities, Outing Club, Athletics, Bookstore, Bowdoin Museum, and more.
Your role as an Applications Programmer will be to maintain and support current software solutions which our clients have adopted and to implement/install new ones. This includes any integrations with other software on-premise or in the cloud. At the simplest level, you may act as a technical liaison with a cloud vendor, and at the more complex level, you will need to implement customized integrations requiring an understanding of relational databases, application stacks, testing methodologies, production support, and the development lifecycle.
Benefits and Perks:
– For that healthy work/life balance: 20 vacation days per calendar year
– A variety of health insurance plans
– Life insurance, disability insurance, and a generous retirement plan
– Paid parental leave
– Access to many of the College’s facilities including the gym and pool
– And more: https://www.bowdoin.edu/hr/benefits-perks/index.html