Associate Director for Systems Architecture
Ithaca College Information Technology (IT) is looking for a passionate leader and systems architect, for the position of Associate Director of Systems Architecture. The selected individual will provide technical leadership and oversight for our infrastructure systems, architectural guidance and implementation of IT strategies to include administration, implementation, maintenance, and planning in support of infrastructure systems, virtualization, storage, security, and collaboration architectures. Responsible for building and managing vendor relationships to ensure systems are robust and stable. Manage and mentor a dedicated team to ensure stable operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure.
1. Provide leadership and oversight for infrastructure systems, virtualization, storage, security, and collaboration architectures. Work in collaboration with the director to develop strategic plans. Develop and maintain working partnerships with clients and IT teams to successfully architect services infrastructures.
2. Serve as the technical lead on the systems architecture and infrastructure ensuring scalability and supportability of the Ithaca College strategic vision.
3. Contribute to and oversee the development of roadmaps and high-level design plans for the logical and technical IT architecture. Partnering with various technology domain, functional, leadership, and operations teams to develop comprehensive solution designs.
4. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
5. Develop and maintain deep technical and business knowledge of industry directions and trends in the area of system engineering and architecture.
6. Provide advice, guidance, and direction to carry out plans and procedures, ensuring schedule realization, process adherence, and performance and budget targets are met.
7. Provide last tier support for operations and support teams, including root cause analysis and preventative analysis.
8. Design and implement load balanced redundancy and business continuity procedures for re-establishing services in the event of a disruption.
9. Provide leadership and oversight for staff in administering infrastructure systems, Identity and Access Management (IAM), virtualization, cloud services, and Office 365. Monitor work for completeness, accuracy, and timeliness; assist technical staff in learning new tools, products, and features; conduct annual personnel evaluations; and recommend various personnel actions to include but not limited to hiring, merit recommendation, promotion, vacation schedule and dismissal. Coordinate and supervise work assignments.
10. Assist in preparing and maintaining documents, vendor contracts, and budgets related to systems infrastructure; prepare budgets, authorize purchases, monitor, certify and reconcile expenditures and budgeted funds.
11. Maintain enterprise IT security policy, standards, and procedures. Champion and promote information security and privacy standards, policies and procedures.
12. Provide leadership in the absence of the Director on various Information Technology and College committee working groups.
Vacancy ID # S2158