Library Technology Services is seeking an Associate Software Engineer to build modern web applications and systems. This role is part of a team that provides digital library solutions specifically for the Harvard Library and collaborates with partners at Harvard and elsewhere to develop open-source systems used by universities and other institutions world-wide.
• Participate fully in software development life cycle
• Implement and support technical solutions to deliver business requirements
• Identify and evaluate opportunities to improve services
• Contribute ideas to coding best practices and new technologies
• Draw on relationship and technical skills to act as technical liaison to internal and external partners
• Utilize knowledge of WAI-ARIA standards and practices to deliver accessible systems
• Abide by and follow the Harvard University IT technical standards, policies and Code of Conduct
• Minimum of two years’ post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience
• Knowledge of information technology applications, processes, software and equipment
• Experience with open-source development
• Demonstrated familiarity with database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle, and/or MongoDB) and XML programming
• Knowledge of library and/or archives practices and processes
• Demonstrated team performance skills, service mindset approach, and the ability to act as a trusted advisor
Minimum of two years’ post-secondary education and/or relevant work experience
Harvard University Information Technology (HUIT) is a community of Information Technology professionals committed to understanding our users and devoted to making it easier for faculty, students, and staff to teach, research, learn, and work through the effective use of information technology. We are recruiting an IT workforce that has both breadth in their ability to collaborate and innovate across disciplines – and depth in specific areas of expertise. HUIT offers opportunities for IT professionals to learn and work in a unique technology landscape and service-focused environment. If you are a technically proficient, nimble, user-focused and accountable IT professional who also connects with the importance of collaborating well in a team environment we are looking for you!