– Write and maintain reports and processes requiring understanding of complex SQL (including ranking functions) and familiarity with RDBMS systems such as SQL Server, Informix or Oracle. Familiarity with Cognos or related reporting/BI system (SSRS, OBIEE etc) required.
– Troubleshoot data problems requiring querying across multiple data systems and expert understanding of back-end data structures and processes in multiple student information systems.
– Create ad hoc reports for internal and external data requestors requiring data from multiple database systems. Work with groups including Institutional Research, academic departments, development office and others in areas including academics, enrollments, student retention, grades, facilities usage, and other indicators.
– Maintain complete and accurate documentation of technical processes used in or relevant to the Registrar’s office.
– Examine existing and proposed processes and develop process improvements and enhance efficiencies and scripting of custom data update processes. May involve writing in languages such as T-SQL or Python and ability to read and debug code in a variety of languages.
– Regularly support technical aspects of Registrar’s daily processes and coordinate with IT department on shared data and technical needs.
– Work closely with other team members to brainstorm, strategize and complete ad hoc requests creatively, effectively and efficiently
– Provide strategic analysis of student records data to help drive informed decisions internally and across a variety of departments
– Manage and assist with functional requirements gathering, development, testing, implementation and support of various Registrar’s office related projects/processes.
– Monitor, analyze and report on data trends that may impact strategically on existing or future projects/processes.
– Perform related duties as required.
- Required Field of Expertise: Data analysis, data programming, reporting.
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Higher education; Minimum 5 years experience in analysis with complex SQL (multiple tables and complex logic including ranking functions, complex subqueries etc.).
- Required Training/Cert: If degree is in non-technical field should have some technical/database training beyond formal education.
- Data programming experience (T-SQL, PL/SQL, Python, R or related language).
- Understanding of data structures and database applications.
- Familiarity with complex software and standard development processes. Must be a detail-oriented with strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Experience in documentation, sharing source information, team oriented development.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills and ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Interest and ability to gain a strong subject matter knowledge in higher education academics. This position is in the Registrar's office and involves working daily with subject matter experts in academic data.
- Prefer experience with federal and state reporting; accreditation requirements; current and innovative practices in the development and assessment of institutional effectiveness and student learning outcomes; current theory and practice in institutional research; the development of assessment tools and methods of measurement; research design; data warehousing, management information systems
- Ability to collaborate effectively with College administration, seek consensus on outcomes, and apply bench-marking techniques
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic.
- Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree
- Preferred Degree(s): Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical field.
American International College (AIC) is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3500 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
AIC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.