Director for Engagement and Client Technologies
Ithaca College is seeking a Director for Engagement and Client Technologies who is passionate about providing exemplary student – and client – centered service, who will join a dynamic and innovative leadership team in Information Technology. The individual selected will lead and champion the department of Information Technology’s (IT) client service and engagement efforts to provide outstanding outreach, service and support to the college community for productivity software, client and AV technologies, process improvement, IT project management and related services. Direct first and second level IT client services for college supported software, client hardware, and AV systems for faculty, staff and students.
1. Work in collaboration with the Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer and department directors to develop strategies, oversee budgets, implement policies, conduct needs assessments, and plan for development of information technology resources supporting client support, engagement, project management, business process improvement, and client and AV technology support.
2. Provide leadership and direct the planning, management and operation of the units charged with developing, managing, and supporting the department’s engagement and client technology services to include service desk, client device deployment and management, client hardware and software support, AV support, training, IT governance, IT project management, service catalog and related areas.
3. Implement and oversee effective communication, outreach, and governance activities with the college to keep the campus and individual clients informed about IT services, and ensure IT efforts are in alignment with college strategies and priorities.
4. Oversee the department’s ITSM tools, service request flows, problem solving, and escalations to ensure the quantity and quality of support services delivered to the campus are at acceptable levels. Maintain key performance metrics and dashboards to track performance.
5. Provide leadership and champion efforts to increase institutional effectiveness and efficiency through the establishment, oversight and delivery of client software tools and services to increase business productivity and automation.
6. Partner with the director of teaching and learning with technology to lead the college’s annual Educational Technology Day regional conference, to jointly oversee the IT client support solutions team, and to ensure that resources of both units are cooperatively utilized to provide effective and efficient support services to all of our clients.
7. Oversee the department’s budgets, and the college’s technology renewal program.
8. Direct various personnel actions to include, but not limited to, hiring, merit recommendations, promotions, transfers, vacation schedules and dismissals.
9. Supervise the training of new employees. Monitor the performance of all staff members to ensure accuracy, completeness, productivity and compliance with established guidelines.
10. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
11. Participate in relevant College governance, policy, and planning committees and meetings