Director of Enterprise Applications
Under the leadership of the campus Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Director of Enterprise Systems is responsible for coordinating the implementation, development, integration and maintenance of enterprise-wide applications including the College’s centrally managed information systems, web applications, and various database systems. The Director is also responsible for the oversight of staff, projects, and processes. The position requires a hands-on role in determining users and department requirements, systems implementations, technical support, enhancement, administrations and in ensuring standards compliance.
1. Directs the lifecycle management and support of enterprise-wide administrative and student information system applications by planning and developing the implementation, maintenance, enhancement and replacement of these systems.
2. Serves as project manager for the implementation of enterprise-wide administrative and student information systems and integration with other applications and systems; determines fiscal requirements and prepares budgetary recommendations.
3. Provides leadership and management to staff members. Coordinates the activities of applications support, database administration and third party services.
4. Works closely with ITS leaders to establish strategic goals, implement strategic plans, and the technology-related governance processes.
5. Stays informed of product enhancements and support user areas on testing of new applications, modifications or versions.
6. Conducts feasibility studies, strategic planning, and research; analyze problems and design systems grounded in best practices with appropriate technologies.
7. Ensures information security and database integrity where appropriate.
8. Complies with college policies, guidelines/standard and best practices for the implementation of information systems; maintains a clear understanding and compliance with state and Federal laws and regulations related to personally-identifiable information.
9. Further develops a shared vision for holistic integration of disparate systems.
10. Acts as a liaison between ITD and the college administrative and academic community and foster cooperative working relationships between ITD and user constituencies.
11. Additional responsibilities as determined by the CIO and/or other college designee.
12. Performs special projects and related responsibilities as initiated and requested.