Director of Infrastructure Systems
The Director of Infrastructure Systems oversees administration of the technology infrastructure for the university. This includes advanced networking, telecommunication, server, storage and cloud computing environments. This is a leadership position which requires excellent management skills, communication and planning as well as extensive and wide ranging technical knowledge. This position manages a portfolio of projects that provide innovative, cost effective and stable services in support of the University mission.
• Provide leadership and management of University technical infrastructure with latitude for independent initiative and judgment.
• Supervises the department’s team of network and system administrators currently consisting of five full-time technical employees.
• Participation in the Information Technology management team, providing technical expertise as well as strategic and financial planning.
• Management of projects through standard Project Management practices.
• Responsible for the implementation, maintenance, monitoring and tuning of University infrastructure and systems.
• Responsible for researching, identifying and evaluating hardware, software and hosted solutions.
• Responsible for the design and implement technical solutions to comply with security policies as well as monitor and maintain system security and continuity. Participation in the development and implementation of internal policies and procedures.
• Management of vendor and consultant relationships including relevant contract administration, revisions, enhancements, and compliance monitoring.
• Design, implement and improve daily operating procedures for systems and staff.
• Oversee the documentation of existing as well as new systems and procedures.
• Participate in professional development such as conferences and trainings.
• Some early morning and weekend hours are required in support of regular off-hours maintenance or other business critical functions.
Interested applicants must apply online at http://employment.stlawu.edu uploading all required materials which are defined in the “special instructions to applicant” section. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the finalist successfully passing a background (including criminal records) check.