Reporting to the Middlebury College’s Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Director for User Services and Operations oversees and directs a staff that provides technical support with excellent and reliable customer service to the institutions’ academic, administrative, and research staff for systems and services.
The Director, establishes best practices to serve clients across multiple service offerings and empowers and enables his/her operations team to deliver superior service. The role focuses on operational excellence, continuous improvement, and team development. This role establishes goals and success metrics that align with the overall business and client objectives while building client relationships at the operational level.
This position is a member of the CIO’s senior leadership staff and is responsible for ensuring that all phases of client services support are coordinated, monitored, logged, tracked, and resolved. Responsible for building and developing a high performing, customer-focused team that encompasses the functions of the IT help desk, desktop support, media technology services, student technology, telecommunications and public computing needs. Collaborates with the ITS Leadership team and staff members to plan and deliver effective and reliable campus services. Oversee department managers/supervisors in recruiting, onboarding, training, evaluating, managing and developing approximately 20 staff and 50 student employees.
For more information about this position and to apply, please visit our website: http://www.middlebury.edu/offices/business/hr/jobseeker
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. Ability to be develop a highly responsive team and keeping communication lines open at all times during client request fulfilment process.
• Ability to guide and develop the necessary KPI’s and an interactive dashboard view to provide complete transparency into IT operations.
• Excellent attention to detail with routine/complex daily functions, razor focused on operational stability as well as the ability to keep focused and productive with long-term projects in an inherently interrupt-driven job.
• An open, energetic, well grounded, innovative, success-oriented personality with a record of setting and surpassing objectives. Proven ability making sound judgments in a complex environment. Successful ability in managing and resolving conflict.
• Skilled consensus builder with capacity to initiate and foster collaborative partnerships. Demonstrated ability with ticketing systems and customer service workflow. Demonstrated ability managing a team of customer service professionals.
• Strong understanding of technical troubleshooting methodology. Ability to work with a range of technical staff to develop joint solutions. Ability to facilitate problem-solving among diverse groups with varying needs and priorities, and to communicate well with the users, technical staff, and senior leadership.
• Knowledge of applicable laws, guidelines or regulations as they relate to IT. Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
• ITIL knowledge and ITIL certification is highly desirable.
Ten years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education, management, and leadership experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in related field and ten years of related work experience or an equivalent combination of education, management, and leadership experience.
Middlebury is a nationally recognized academic institution that encompasses a liberal arts undergraduate college, 38 Schools Abroad programs, 11 summer immersion Language Schools, the Bread Loaf School of English, as well as the Middlebury Institute of International Studies at Monterey—all with a shared institutional goal of doing the highest quality work for positive and global impact.
With year-round operations on five continents, our employees are one of our most valuable assets, and we are committed to the success and development of our workforce. Our employees enjoy an engaging lifestyle with excellent compensation, as well as competitive benefits (health, dental, life, disability, retirement, and vision) and educational assistance programs.