The Educational Technology Specialist is responsible for supporting effective and meaningful uses of technology in teaching and learning. The position fosters the successful design, implementation, management, and evaluation of educational technology solutions across curricula. The Educational Technology Specialist works directly with faculty to help them articulate academic challenges and to address these challenges through the implementation of appropriate instructional design and technology solutions. The position designs & delivers workshops and contributes to publications & projects. S/he contributes to support for existing educational technology tools, services, and initiatives, and assesses new technologies and services. The position collaborates fluidly with professionals across the University who also support the academic work of faculty and students, including the Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, librarians, archivists, and academic administrators.
• Bachelor's degree.
• 3 years of related experience focusing on educational technology, including supporting faculty in the design, development, and integration of educational technologies.
• Experience designing, developing, and supporting faculty use of web-based instructional resources and tools for education, including one or more Learning Management Systems.
• Ability to analyze client requirements, map those requirements to existing tools & services, and to deliver well-designed and effective solutions for clients.
• A broad understanding of current web standards & tools and the interest in and ability to quickly learn new technical skills is essential.
• Multimedia skills, such as video production and editing, or equivalent.
• Demonstrated ability to provide professional customer service and communication skills, including presentation skills and written communication skills, as well as superior collaboration skills are required.
• Ability to communicate skillfully with and translate between technical and non-technical faculty, staff, and students.
• Demonstrated abilities in analysis, problem-solving, and client support.
• Familiarity with best practices in higher education teaching, learning, and assessment and associated technologies and integrating this information into faculty development and consultation work with university faculty.
• Project management skills, including demonstrated competency in both guiding and contributing expertise to interdisciplinary teams.
• Experience designing and delivering workshops & other faculty development events.
• Advanced degree
• Teaching experience
• Experience with blended/distance learning, e-portfolios
• Knowledge of social media in education
• Website development experience, including Drupal and WordPress
• Experience supporting classroom response systems, lecture capture technologies, and mobile device applications for teaching and learning
Tufts Technology Services (TTS) is a university-wide service organization dedicated to the strategic planning, implementation, and support of technology products and services that anticipate and meet the academic, research, clinical and business needs of the Tufts community. TTS offers technical leadership and services to our customers with a focus on providing innovative solutions, delivering exceptional customer service, and creating a reliable infrastructure that demonstrates value to the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Tufts University. TTS works in partnership with schools, business units, and other academic support organizations to provide campus-wide IT services in the areas of academic and research technology, enterprise application systems and services, networking and telecommunications, information security, data center operations, web services, classroom and computer lab technology support, and user support, training and outreach.
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.