Vermont Law School invites applications for a Faculty Director of Online Learning. Vermont Law School currently offers three Master’s degrees and three LL.M. degrees online and is expanding its online J.D. offerings. The Director of Online Learning will be responsible for all academic components of Vermont Law School’s growing online program. The Director will report to the Vice Dean for Faculty and collaborate as a member of the top administrative team of the law school in all aspects of the online program. The Director will be responsible for supervising and administering online course creation, teaching, and scheduling as well as establishing short and long-term goals and objectives for the program in collaboration with the Vice Dean for Faculty. The Director will also be responsible for supervising and administering student services for the online students in collaboration with the Vice Dean for Administration and Student Affairs. The Director will lead outreach efforts and be responsible for promoting Vermont Law School’s online programs nationally. The Director of Online Learning is a faculty position with either tenure-line or long-term contract status available.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualifications:
• Distance learning educational or online instructional design experience at the graduate level.
• Knowledge of emerging informational technologies in the distance learning field and contract education.
• A JD degree or other relevant graduate level degree.
• Law school teaching experience including curriculum development and delivery preferred.
• Proven supervisory, administrative, budget, and leadership capabilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with the law school administration, faculty, IT, and outside organizations.
• Highly effective written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Creativity with the ability and initiative to conceive of and implement programs.
A JD degree or other relevant graduate level degree.
Vermont Law School (VLS) is a private, American Bar Association-accredited law school located along the banks of the beautiful White River in central South Royalton, VT. The Law School offers the nation's premier environmental law program, and it is currently ranked #1 in Environmental Law by U.S. News and World Report (no lower than #2 since rankings began in 1991). The school offers several degrees, including Juris Doctor, Master of Laws (LL.M) in Environmental Law, Master of Environmental Law, Master of Laws in Energy Law, as well as dual degrees with a diverse range of institutions, including the University of Cambridge, the Yale School of Forestry and Environmental Studies, the Thunderbird School of Global Management, and the University of Vermont, offering more courses in the field than any other law school in the country. Vermont Law School is distinguished by the character of the students, faculty and staff who have chosen to learn, teach and work here. From its founding, VLS has consistently drawn individuals from across the country and world with a passion for public service, a concern for justice, and an interest in pursuing legal education as a means to make a difference in the world. It is not surprising that Vermont Law School has risen to the top as a place to study environmental law and a place to work.