Help Desk Specialist
Reporting to the Manager of Community Technical Support (CTS), the Help Desk Specialist serves as a first point of contact for those in the Mount Holyoke community seeking technical assistance.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide technical service and support over the phone, via chat, and in person to the Mount Holyoke community who seek assistance with technology, including computer hardware and software.
2. Responsible for incident tracking from receipt through closure and follow up with customer, to analysis and assessment. Specific activities include: incident tracking, working with users to resolve issues, reporting and analysis using ticket tracking software; assessment, triage, referral and assignment of incoming Help Desk work requests; coordination of issues and resolution within LITS departments; and communication with MHC community.
3. Mentor and provide technical support for student workers in the Student Diagnostics Center, Help Desk and Information Commons.
4. Develop and share thorough, accurate documentation of procedures and best practices for future reference.
5. Assist with desktop system imaging and installation.
6. Assist with field support, desktop computer and printing installs.
7. Keep abreast of current technology trends, tools, and campus needs.
8. Contribute to a continuous process of assessment to ensure the CTS Department’s success in advancing the College’s evolving goals in light of pedagogical, information, and technology changes. Assists the Manager of Community Technical Support in identifying, planning, and implementing the best solutions for Mount Holyoke.
9. Serve as member of the CTS team and work collaboratively to plan and achieve LITS Division goals and priorities, and engages in other professional activities related to the duties of the position.
10. Ensure compliance with professional and technology standards, license and regulatory requirements, and MHC standards, policies, and procedures.
11. Maintain a high level of quality customer service standards responding to questions and problems. Actively works with colleagues in LITS to create a welcoming and user-centered environment in which a diverse population of student, faculty, and staff can thrive.
12. Develop strong working, collaborative partnerships within LITS, with the College community, Five Colleges, and others to proactively identify, recommend, facilitate, and implement appropriate and effective policies, services, resources, support, and procedures that improve the ability of the College community to accomplish its teaching, learning, research, and administrative goals.
13. Evening and weekend work, may be requested on occasion; requests may be weather, emergency situation, or academic year start-up related.
14. Performs related team duties as assigned.