If you are interested in partnering with innovative faculty and colleagues to advance teaching and learning, then Ithaca College is for you! The Instructional Designer will work in partnership with faculty and others in the academe by leading the instructional design process across the delivery spectrum. The successful candidate will incorporate learning theories, engagement strategies, and best practices to design and enhance student experience and outcomes, and will work in collaboration with the Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT) team and with other professionals across the campus to support the academic work of faculty and students.
Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT) is a unit of the Digital Instruction and Information Services (DIIS) department of Ithaca College. TLT is comprised of innovative and collaborative team members who work closely with faculty, academic units, and academic support units to assist in providing technology and practices for continuous improvement and academic innovation of the student experience. The team is currently working on Year two of the five-year DIIS Strategic Plan. More information on TLT can be found here: http://www.ithaca.edu/diis/
1. Conduct individual consultations with faculty in regards to best practices, course design, and technology training/needs; provide support to faculty in design of course content according to quality standards.
2. Work collaboratively with faculty to improve student learning using instructional design principles and maintaining positive faculty relations throughout the course delivery cycle.
3. Design, develop and deliver training materials for faculty and staff, in various formats and delivery modes.
4. Research and identify potential instructional trends, constructs, methods, tools, new and emerging instructional technologies, and best practices that enhance student learning outcomes.
5. Utilize appropriate instructional design models to design, develop, and deliver online and blended learning assets in partnership with faculty clients.
6. Coordinate planning, research and implementation efforts with staff and the user community.