Granite State College is accepting applications for a full-time instructional designer (ID). This position will be based in one of our regional campuses located throughout the State.
We seek an innovative professional with skills in social media, mobile apps, and emerging educational technologies who will thrive in a dynamic, team oriented environment. The ID is a key member of the instructional design team whose primary responsibility is to assist and support faculty in developing online and hybrid courses and in incorporating educational technologies in teaching and learning across the college as well as supporting our external partners. Occasional evening hours and in-state travel will be required.
5-7 years experience teaching / training adults, higher education, instructional technology,and online education.
• 5 years of relevant experience (e.g. instructional technology, online education, adult learning, higher education) with at least 3 years of instructional design experience.
•A working knowledge of instructional design theory and practice particularly in relation to delivering online/hybrid courses.
• Significant teaching or training experience.
• Able to manage multiple projects, meet project deadlines, communicate with stakeholders, and work in a team environment as well as independently on projects.
• Excellent presentation, communications, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
• Experience working with faculty from a variety of academic disciplines and technological skills.
• Relevant experience with Moodle or other learning management systems.
• Computer skills as required by department.
• Able to learn new technologies quickly.
• Experience teaching/training adult learners.
• Experience with web-conferencing tools (e.g. Zoom, Adobe Connect, Connect or GoToMeeting), social media, mobile apps, Google Drive tools, open educational resources and other emerging educational technologies.
• Experience with multi-media software, interactive video production (i.e Articulate Storyline or Captivate.)
• Knowledge of HTML and web design principles.
Bachelor's Degree Required
Master's degree in instructional design or closely related field
The University System of New Hampshire is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer. The University System is committed to creating an environment that values and supports diversity and inclusiveness across our campus communities and encourages applications from qualified individuals who will help us achieve this mission. The University System prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or marital status. Application by members of all underrepresented groups is encouraged. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.