Instructional Designer, Faculty Innovation in Teaching and Learning
Reporting to the Director of Instructional Technology and Online Learning, this position works with faculty, staff, and administration to design and conduct faculty development programs, including workshops, resources, and individual consultations, for the use of effective teaching methodologies and technology in online, hybrid, and on ground classes in support of CCRI’s Strategic Plan. This person fosters collaborative partnerships with academic units, faculty leaders, and individual faculty in the design and planning of courses, learning environments, and active learning experiences, by employing best instructional design principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identifies innovative and effective teaching practices for promoting to CCRI faculty.
• Develops and delivers faculty professional development (e.g., courses, workshops, seminars, resources, and consultations) in those teaching practices.
• Assess and address the needs of faculty to help improve the effectiveness of instruction, including reviewing online and hybrid courses for alignment with course design guidelines.
• Collaborate closely with faculty in a course planning process (i.e., determining strategies for assessment, approaches to student engagement, and techniques for sharing content) in regards to modality (e.g., online, hybrid, web-enhanced) for new and existing courses.
• Contribute to a campus culture that values and recognizes the importance of teaching excellence and student learning.
• Provide guidance on meeting accessibility standards and ADA requirements of instructional materials.
• Contribute to and maintain procedures and guiding documents in print and online.
• Demonstrate a commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college.
• Work collaboratively with others in a diverse and inclusive environment.
• Additional responsibilities as directed by the supervisor consistent with rank and position.