Instructional Technology Coordinator
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and working on the Information Technology (IT) team, the ITC maintains and supports computer and media technology for teaching and learning including: computer labs and laptop pools, classroom and faculty computers, audiovisual media, Smartboards and videoconferencing hardware and software, and academic software for both in-person and online instruction. This position is a liaison between the FITS (Faculty Instructional Technology Support) team and the IT team, coordinating Learning Management System software upgrades, enhancements and testing, as well as coordinating the evaluation and configuration of potential new instructional technologies. Works in cooperation with the Education Technology team to provide multimedia and audiovisual support for College events and with the Desktop Support team to manage academic desktop computer support. GCC seeks forward-looking candidates for this position who embrace lifelong learning and the creative use of emerging technologies in the pursuit of innovative, sustainable and high impact educational initiatives.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
• Plans the development of Learning Management System software upgrades and enhancements in cooperation with the IT Applications Team and FITS. Coordinates testing and configuration of LMS functionality. Evaluates and tests add-ons and plug-ins for the LMS and recommends adoption or termination as appropriate.
• Works with the Desktop Support and the Educational Technology teams to create, test and manage computer images for classrooms, computer labs, laptop pools and faculty computers. Participates in efforts to pilot and adopt centralized desktop management best practices.
• Provide Tier 2 support for faculty and staff in using the LMS, including consulting on course design and management, setting up gradebooks, test, quizzes, assignments, etc.
• Provide Tier 2 support for educational technology including (but not limited to): Smartboards, teaching stations, Camtasia, SMART notebook, Big Blue Button, Zoom, SnagIt, PowerPoint, OwnCloud etc.
• Create instructional videos and/or specialized documentation on best practices for teaching and learning technology as necessary.
• Create customized training modules in conjunction with faculty and the Workforce Development office.
• Provide closed captioning services and support for instructional videos and video productions.
• Provide support for faculty in the use of video capture and streaming in instructional settings.
• Work with Disability Services to create and provide resources to faculty to promote accessibility of in-person and online course materials.
• Assist Educational Technology team to support multimedia and audiovisual aspects of campus events.
• Provide occasional support of multimedia marketing efforts.
• Provide workshops and one-on-one trainings for faculty on using instructional technology.
• Assist in preparing grant proposals with technology components for teaching and learning initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree and at least three (3) years’ experience providing technology support in an educational setting.
• Demonstrated competency with Windows and Macintosh computer platforms, as well as common desktop software applications and basic networking.
• Demonstrated competency with video creation and editing, multimedia, and videoconferencing software and audiovisual technology in an educational setting.
• At least 2 years’ experience working with and supporting a Learning Management System in an educational setting.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills, oral and written.
• Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Standard hours are 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. This position will require some night and weekend hours for event coverage.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit your credentials online.
Create a Greenfield Community College account at https://gcc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=104514. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for 5 professional references
When preparing your cover letter and resume, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
Successful completion of a CORI check WILL be required as a condition of employment. Official copies of all academic transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
Applications accepted up to and including November 26, 2018.
Applications received after the November 26, 2018 deadline MAY be considered until the position is filled.
***Greenfield Community College is proud to value diversity in our community of faculty,
staff and students and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ***