Instructional Technology Specialist
Connecticut College is conducting a national search for a creative, committed, and energetic Instructional Technology Specialist to join an outstanding team of instructional technology, library, and information technology staff in the merged Information Services organization at Connecticut College.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
The Instructional Technology Specialist will collaborate with faculty to assess course needs and incorporate appropriate and sustainable academic technologies using sound instructional design methodologies
Responsibilities will include:
● Provide guidance, technical support and multimodal instruction to faculty and students on the use of academic technologies and software.
● Serve as an administrator to the campus Learning Management System (Moodle), ePortfolio (Digication), and other campus-wide systems managed by Instructional Technology. Develop and configure system plugins to support the curriculum with innovative customizations.
● Collaborate with Information Services colleagues to deliver and develop workshops on teaching with technology throughout the year, and as part of an annual summer immersion workshop for faculty.
● Research new instructional technologies and academic software and recommend and introduce to the campus.
● Participate on digital scholarship project teams, applying digital scholarship tools and methodology to student and faculty research projects.