Duties will include communicating with prospective and current students, faculty, and campus staff by telephone, email or live chat to assist with navigation, settings issues, gathering information, and resolving issues related to online courses on a Learning Management System. Other related duties may include testing and reviewing websites associated with Open SUNY for usability and quality assurance and assisting with creating end-user documentation and tutorials for a knowledge base repository.
· Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of one year technical support experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication and professional telephone etiquette
· Web browsers knowledge – Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer
· Desktop operating systems knowledge – Microsoft Windows (Macintosh a plus)
· Application software – Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
· Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting
· Experience with online education
Bachelor’s degree required
Open SUNY is a department within the State University of New York - System Administration assists many of the 64 different SUNY colleges across New York State with the delivery and access to online and blended courses and programs.
The State University of New York is the largest comprehensive system of higher education in the United States, with 64 college and university campuses located within 30 miles of every home, school and business in the state. In 2015–16, SUNY served nearly 1.3 million students, including nearly 600,000 in credit-bearing courses and programs and more than 700,000 through continuing education and community outreach programs. There are 3 million SUNY alumni worldwide, and one in three New Yorkers with a college degree is a SUNY alum. To learn more about how SUNY creates opportunity, visit www.suny.edu