Technology Services Manager – Staff Associate
Reporting to the Director of Client Services (DCS), the Technical Services Manager (TSM) serves as a member of the Client Services team, which provides customer and technical support to the MassArt community.
The TSM oversees the lifecycle of the College’s administrative and instructional computing endpoints, including Windows and Mac desktops and laptops, mobile devices, printers and peripherals. The lifecycle encompasses the specification, deployment, configuration, management, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, and decommissioning of endpoint hardware and software. The TSM is also the application administrator and subject matter expert for all deployment and endpoint management tools.
The TSM ensures that processes and procedures for endpoint support services align with administrative and instructional requirements, institutional policies, regulatory compliance, and best practices and standards.
The TSM manages the team responsible for delivering these services. The team strives to optimize and improve the user experience through simplification, standardization and automation. The ideal candidate will possess the right managerial, technical, and communication skills to fulfill this role.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide technology support for the MassArt community, ensuring professional and consistent customer service at all times.
• Collaborate with faculty and staff to identify and document administrative and academic computing needs and requirements.
• Research, develop, implement and support enterprise-wide tools, systems, services, processes, procedures, and other solutions as required to deploy and support Windows, iOS, Mac OS X systems, software, configurations, and peripherals.
• Integrates devices, management and deployment tools with existing infrastructure and services.
• Manages the deployment and support of Windows and Mac desktops and laptops, mobile devices, printers and peripherals.
• Manages the deployment of updates, patches, configuration profiles, upgrades, or changes to hardware, operating systems, or application software in a timely manner in consultation with campus constituents.
• Serves as the final resource for escalated software deployment requests.
• Implements and maintains information security configurations, tools and systems.
• Serves as the application administrator for device management and deployment tools.
• Ensures configurations, including disk images, deployment manifests, shell scripts, packages, installers, etc., are maintained and up-to-date, and can be scoped or deployed remotely, quickly and efficiently.
• Train other staff on device management and deployment tools, practices, policies and procedures.
• Assists with projects, initiatives and tasks at the direction of supervisor(s).
• Serves as a CJIS (Criminal Justice Information Services) Technical Representative to provide MassArt Public Safety with pertinent and timely information.
• Ensures that all necessary and relevant information is properly documented in department information systems, including service desk software and wiki.
• Perform other duties as assigned.