The Division of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) is seeking a Training and Outreach Coordinator (Training and Development Coordinator, UCP VII). Under the direction of the Director of the Division of Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) or designated administrator, this position will provide support and training for subject matter experts in EHS disciplines in the development of safety training and outreach programs for a diverse audience of faculty, staff, students and administrators. This position is responsible for identifying training needs by analyzing existing training data, performing interviews, surveys, and other consultations with subject matter experts and University community stakeholders, to assist the subject matter experts in developing appropriate training programs and materials.
1. Master’s degree in an area of Educational or Instructional Technology, eLearning Design or related field and four years of experience in training and development of which two must have been in a supervisory/management level OR Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in training or development of which two years must have been in a supervisory or leadership role.
2. Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of training and development methods and techniques of different modalities in an adult learning environment.
3. Ability to identify and assess training and outreach needs by applying research and evaluation techniques; develop and manage training and outreach programs and staff development plans to meet identified needs.
4. Ability in written and oral expression, including a clear and confident speaking voice that is comfortable delivering online and/or classroom education.
5. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
6. Ability to prepare reports, represent the training unit both internally and externally, present training programs, negotiate training plans, obtain trainers of certain repute.
7. Administrative and supervisory ability, including evaluations and supervisory reviews
8. Ability to work effectively with individuals, groups, and other organizational units to carry out the goals of the training and outreach functions.
9. Experience with Learning Management Systems, preferably Blackboard; web management tools (such as WordPress); and Microsoft Office Suite.
10. Experience in the use of eLearning development tools including web-based course authoring tools (such as Captivate) and audio/visual technology.
1. Experience in delivering or developing safety-related training.
2. Experience preparing grant application and/or administering training and staff development grants.
3. Extensive experience conducting survey research and statistical analysis.
4. Experience in a higher education environment.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.