Mitchell College is seeking an experienced Vice President of Finance who will report directly to the President. The VP of Finance will provide executive-level strategic and analytic financial planning and budgetary management for a fast-paced, growing institution with a stable financial base. Working collaboratively with a dynamic executive team, this critical position will provide oversight for accounting and business operations, financial reporting, internal controls and compliance, capital planning, investment oversight and treasury functions, debt management, risk management and insurance.
Exemplary communication (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required.
· Highly effective problem-solving skills and creativity, with the ability to delegate authority.
· Experience in a higher education leadership administration setting preferred.
· Expertise in accounting, strategic planning, budget, tax and regulatory compliance, as well as a thorough understanding of investment principles and risk management.
· Strong negotiation skills and a demonstrated working relationship with banks and financial institutions are considered a plus.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common professional and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents.
· Ability to respond to common inquiries from students, parents, employees, regulatory agencies or members of the community.
Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred.
Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or Certified Internal Auditor a plus.
As a small liberal arts college, Mitchell developed its distinct educational approach over almost 80 years, blending a tradition of mentoring with an expertise in teaching diverse learning styles to create a highly individualized model that benefits all students. Mitchell is committed to the broader community through building strong, creative and cooperative partnerships. Located on a beautiful waterfront campus in historic New London, it is also home to championship NCAA Division III athletics and the Duquès Academic Success Center which includes the renowned Bentsen Learning Center.