NERCOMP seeks recommendations for its Board of Trustees. Elected candidates will serve beginning in April 2021 for a three-year term. This is an outstanding opportunity to serve the profession by helping to lead one of the most vibrant and successful information technology and library organizations in the country. Submit your recommendations by noon on Tuesday, January 19, 2021.
Your recommendation should reflect the nominee’s qualifications for Board membership. Include any special skills or interests, as well as past involvement with NERCOMP or other relevant organizations. If you are nominating a colleague, please indicate that the individual has expressed a willingness to run for election.
The NERCOMP Nominating Committee will review all potential candidates recommended by the general membership to build a representative slate based on the following criteria:
- private and public institutions;
- community colleges, liberal arts colleges, research universities, and specialized institutions;
- different states within the NERCOMP region;
- different professional roles such as information technologists, academic technologists, and librarians;
- each prospective candidate must be an employee of a NERCOMP member institution in good standing at the time of the election.
The election opens on February 3, 2021 and runs through 12:00pm EST on February 17, 2021. A statement and photo are posted for each candidate standing for election. Institutional Representatives cast their vote on behalf of their institution; their participation is a critical success factor in the election process. New Board members are announced in early March.
If you have any questions about the Nominations process, please contact email@example.com. You may also contact any Board member for more information on Board service.
All nominations must be submitted by noon on Tuesday, January 19, 2021.