- September 12 at 2 PM ET: Faculty Success with LinkedIn Learning. Click here to register.
- September 17 at 3 PM ET: Student Success with LinkedIn Learning. Click here to register.
- September 24 at 1:30 PM ET: Staff Success with LinkedIn Learning. Click here to register.
October 17, 2018 Webinar – Lifelong Learning with LinkedIn:
We are thrilled to announce YEAR TWO of the partnership between LinkedIn Learning and NERCOMP. We are so excited to have brought significant value to our member schools who joined the partnership last year, and continue to be excited for those schools who are interested during the current window.
For those institutions who are planning to participate and not yet sent in your signed Order Form, please return expeditiously to LinkedIn. The final cut off date to return executed Order Forms is 7/12.
For any outstanding questions about this partnership, please let us know and we can connect you to the LinkedIn team.
View a recording of the May 1, 2018 Webinar HERE
View a recording of the February 14, 2018 Webinar HERE
NERCOMP is excited to continue our partnership, agreed to in 2018, with LinkedIn Learning which allows for a heavily discounted offering of their site wide solutions. This offering is designed to cover all faculty, staff and students for a three-year span for participating campuses. Join your other NERCOMP colleagues and get a 30% discount on enrollment by opting in during the June 1 – July 12th, 2019 opt in period. The initial start date for this partnership is August 1st. This offer is only available to member schools that are not currently full campus partnership of LinkedIn Learning, including the many schools that opted-in last year.
LinkedIn Learning, with Lynda.com content, provides on-demand training on skills, such as leadership, business skills, technology and creative skills. LinkedIn Learning boasts one of the largest content libraries available with over 7,500 courses comprised of hundreds of thousands of videos. With LinkedIn’s data and Microsoft’s backing, LinkedIn Learning also has the fastest growing library and launches 35-50 new courses a week. This ensures LinkedIn Learning is able to keep us with the demanding technology changes as they happen. All of LinkedIn Learning’s courses are produced in house and taught by industry experts, ensuring a consistent high-quality feel. Courses are transcribed and can be easily sifted through to narrow down to the exact content you need, ensuring just in time learning is available.
- Custom Content uploading–upload or link your own video content, pdf’s or public facing content with your customized Learning Path’s.
- School co-branding — Now your school can get the credit it deserves, as your brand logo will feature within the users experience
- Community Q&A— Your faculty, staff or students can now ask questions within each course. Ask the author, ask the community, or provide your own answers!
- Skills Insights–Now your LinkedIn Learning Dashboard can provide you valuable insights on your faculty and staff skills, using their LinkedIn profiles. This allows you to determine your training skills gaps, and utilize Linkedin Learning’s content to fill those gaps.
- Valuable Students Outcome data–Utilizing your alumni on LinkedIn, determine the skills, locations, jobs and successes of your former students, and take that information to keep your current courses up-to-date, allowing your students to be fully prepared to be viable candidates upon graduation.
Key facts about the agreement:
- Initial Opt-in Period: A 30% discount off of the then current LinkedIn list price for the Services will be initially available to Consortium Members during an opt-in period from June 1, 2019 through July 12, 2019.
- Current NERCOMP members who are not current LinkedIn Learning full campus partners, are eligible for this agreement. (see rep for eligibility criteria)
- The agreement will have one more opt-in period, in 2020.
Key benefits of Lynda.com:
- Prepare your students for lifelong, skill based learning while allowing them to explore various interests.
- Keep faculty, staff and students current on the latest technology and productivity tools.
- Upskill your campus and close job-related skills gaps for internal staff members and students entering the workforce.
- Deliver cost-effective, uniform training on a global scale.
- Grant best in class tools to various departments such as career services, IT help desks, technology change teams and project management teams.
- Facilitate Life-Long Learning goals, building further school related LinkedIn profiles of your faculty, staff and students, providing valuable skills information to your institution.
- World-class content: 7,500+ digital courses taught by industry experts.
- Data-driven curation: Relevant course recommendations to each consumer, based on unique data from LinkedIn.com.
- Convenience: In-depth and bite-sized courses that can be viewed anytime, on any device, online or offline.
- Easily integrate with a learning management system (LMS)
- Provide single sign-on (SSO) authentication (for select identity providers)
If you already have a LinkedIn/Lynda.com representative please contact that person for details on this partnership. If you don’t have a contact or are unsure of who your contact is please call 844.587.5735 and mention you are a part of NERCOMP.
NERCOMP negotiates the best prices and terms possible for its members and works with outside legal counsel to facilitate the arrangements between NERCOMP and the vendors. Outside counsel conducts an initial legal review of licenses and agreements on behalf of NERCOMP but does not provide an individualized review on behalf of any particular member institution.
Each member institution signs its agreements or purchase orders with vendors individually and the institution itself is liable for the rights and obligations therein. Members are strongly encouraged to have their agreements reviewed internally by their own counsel. Note that in addition to the agreement posted on the NERCOMP website, additional terms or conditions may be incorporated by reference within the agreements.
In addition, NERCOMP often negotiates separate agreements with vendors governing NERCOMP’s own relationship to the vendor. Although NERCOMP members are not parties to these agreements, NERCOMP will make copies of available to any member for review, upon request.