Thursday, June 20, 2013
Introduction to Motion 5
When:9:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Note: Registration begins at 8:30am
Workshop Organizer: Kate Lee of Smith College
Create brilliant titles, transitions, effects, and more with Motion 5, the motion graphics companion to Final Cut Pro X. This one day course starts with motion graphics fundamentals and moves into compositing and animation. Learn to build a composite, animate with behaviors and keyframes, create stunning content with shapes, generators, paint strokes and text treatments, and work with particle emitters and replicators. Prerequisite: Introduction to FCPX or Advanced FCPX.
1. Navigate the Motion Interface [Add video, make transformations, add and modify effects, apply blend modes, create and animate text, use Library content, output your project]
2. Build a Composite [Apply blend modes and combine with filters, import layered Photoshop files, copy layers and filters, work with image sequences, perform Timeline edits, change preferences, make clone layers, transform and add masks to groups]
3. Create Animation with Behaviors [Create animation using Basic Motion behaviors, adjust, copy and trim behaviors, use simulation behaviors, apply parameter behaviors, clone animated groups, compare animation using behaviors and keyframes]
4. Animate with Keyframes [Record keyframes, set keyframes manually, use Keyframe Editor, change keyframe interpolation, change keyframe timing in the Timeline]
5. Create Content with Shapes, Generators and Paint Strokes [Draw shapes, create and modify gradients, apply generators, mask with images, use shape behaviors, work with paint strokes]
6. Create Text Effects [Create, format and style text layers, format glyphs, animate text, work with motion blur]
7. Work with Particle Emitters and Replicators [Create and modify a particle emitter, create and modify a replicator]
NERCOMP MEMBERS - LOGIN TO RECEIVE MEMBER PRICING OF $150
Registration Cancellation Policy
Registration Cancellation Policy: By clicking on the "Order Now" button, you are indicating a commitment to attend and will be held responsible for the registration fee. Your fee can be refunded if you notify us of a cancellation at least 10 days prior to the event via email to email@example.com.
NERCOMP reserves the right to use any photographs or other mechanical recordings taken at NERCOMP events in promotional materials. No mechanical recordings of any kind may be used at NERCOMP events without the prior written consent of NERCOMP organizers and presenters. The views and opinions expressed at NERCOMP events do not necessarily reflect those of NERCOMP, nor does NERCOMP make any representation regarding the information presented at NERCOMP events.