Thursday, November 7, 2013
Creating A World-Class Collaborative Environment On Your Campus
1. Software and Cloud Applications for Collaboration - Phillip Knutel - Bentley U
2. Developing Collaborative Learning Spaces - Philip Lombardi - Bryant U
3. Brown U Library Digital Scholarship Lab - Patrick_Rashleigh
4. Learning Together Anytime Anywhere - Linda Beith and Karen Jones - RWU
Four Points Sheraton Hotel and Conference Center
1125 Boston Providence Turnpike
When:9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Note: Registration starts at 7:30am
Workshop Organizer: David Gannon of Bryant University
For some time now, the business world has demonstrated the need and utility of effective team collaboration. More recently, higher education – through the use of technology, group assignments and projects and effective learning space designs - has followed suite in building environments that foster collaborative learning.
Through descriptions of successful deployments at various institutions, this workshop will demonstrate how your institution can plan and successfully set up collaborative atmospheres using both physical spaces and online tools to foster greater cooperation between students working on team projects, faculty and students during classroom work and between faculty members conducting research. Examples of cloud and computer based tools and space design considerations will be presented. Ample opportunity will be given for hands-on demonstrations and peer discussions.
Key outcomes for attendees include:
- Gain an understanding of the importance of collaboration in learning environments.
- Understand the thought process and design considerations involved in creating effective learning spaces.
- Recognize the requirements for faculty peer-to-peer collaboration and tools to provide support.
- Become familiar with a number of tools and applications designed to support learning collaboration.
NERCOMP MEMBERS - LOGIN TO RECEIVE MEMBER PRICING OF $130
Registration Cancellation Policy
By clicking on the "Order Now" button, you are indicating a commitment to attend and will be held responsible for the registration fee. Your fee can be refunded if you notify us of a cancellation at least 8 days prior to the event via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NERCOMP reserves the right to use any photographs or other mechanical recordings taken at NERCOMP events in promotional materials. No mechanical recordings of any kind may be used at NERCOMP events without the prior written consent of NERCOMP organizers and presenters. The views and opinions expressed at NERCOMP events do not necessarily reflect those of NERCOMP, nor does NERCOMP make any representation regarding the information presented at NERCOMP events.